You qualify for FREE TAX FILING:

  • at a VITA site with an IRS-certified tax preparer,  if your 2019 income was less than $56,000
  • at a FSA site to do your own tax return with limited assistance, if your 2019 income was less than $66,000

Other qualifications that must be met: 

  • You had Income from wages, self-employment, or government benefits in 2019
  • You do not own Rental Property
  • You did not declare Bankruptcy in 2019
  • You did not receive Military Pay (1199 SEIU is the only site where you can file with Military Pay)
  • Your 2019 Interest Income was less than $3,450
  • If you are self-employed, you did not have employees or inventory and your business expenses were less than $10,000

Items you must bring with you:

  • Proof of identification (photo ID)
  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying # (providers Social Security # or business employer ID #)
  • Forms 1095-A, B, or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
  • Save Your Refund Contest Applicants: Savings Account Number and Routing Number

    *For a faster refund, direct deposit your refund into your bank account, bring your savings and/or checking account routing numbers (a blank check will work). If married, filing jointly, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.

    *Your Earned Income Tax Credit does not affect your eligibility for Public Assistance, Public Housing or Medicaid benefits.